Cheese and Herb Focaccia
- 1 tbsp dry yeast
- 1 cup water (lukewarm)
- 2 ¾ cups Anchor Lighthouse Bread and Pizza Flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp Spencers Mixed Herbs or Italian Herbs
- Pinch black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil (extra)
- 1 cup cheese (eg mozzarella, cheddar, parmesan or a combination of the 3)
- Preheat oven to 220°C or 200°C for fan forced.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water and set aside for 10 minutes until frothy.
- In a large mixing bowl or food processor, add flour, salt, sugar, herbs and pepper.
- Pour in yeast mix and mix until dough comes together.
- Turn onto a floured board and knead until smooth and elastic.
- Place in a large bowl, cover with damp cloth and set aside for 20 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Press into a 1.5cm deep baking tray. Brush with extra olive oil and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.