Halloween Spider Web Cupcakes
- 1 ½ cups Lighthouse Cake and Biscuit Self Raising Flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- ¾ cup milk
- 125g butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 150g dark chocolate
- ¼ cup thickened cream
- 1 x tube white chocolate writing fudge
- Preheat oven to 200˚C (180˚C fan forced). Line a standard 12 hole muffin pan with patty cases.
- Sieve flour and cocoa into a large mixing bowl, stir in sugar and choc chips.
- Add eggs, milk, melted butter and vanilla essence to the flour mixture and stir gently with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Spoon the mixture equally between the prepared patty cases.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand in the pan for 5 minute before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- Make icing: Place cream and chocolate into a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir with a metal spoon until smooth. Remove from heat. Refrigerate for 30-40 minutes or until a thick spreadable consistency is reached. Spread over cooled cupcakes.
- Decorate cupcakes using the white chocolate writing fudge to create a spider web pattern.