Sweet Short Crust Pastry
Makes: 1 large 23 tartTip If cracks appear in the dough when rolling out or when lining the tin, use lightly floured fingers to press back together.
- 1 cup (150g) Lighthouse Biscuit, Pastry and Cake Plain Flour
- ¼ cup (60g) caster sugar
- 100g cold diced butter
- A pinch of salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1-2 tbsp (20-40ml) cold water
- Place the flour, sugar, salt and butter into a food processor or mixing bowl. Process or use your fingertips to combine until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Mix in the egg yolk and just enough cold water to bring the mixture together as dough. Knead lightly and shape dough into a disc, cover with cling film and leave to rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200˚C (180˚C fan forced). Lightly grease a 23cm tart tin.
- Roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface. Line the prepared tin with the pastry and trim any excess. Prick the base of the pastry case with a fork and place into the freezer for 10 minutes to chill.
- Line the pastry case with a sheet of baking paper and fill with dried beans, rice or pastry weights